Hey, everybody!! Welcome to the NEW blog!
I’ve tried having a blog a couple times in the past, but I wasn’t consistently taking enough pictures to update it enough BUTTT 2021 is going to be a lot different than 2020 and I have so many more rodeos and events scheduled than ever before!
I suppose the normal thing to do in these things is to introduce myself, right?
Hi, there. My name is Jessica Smith. Here’s some boring facts:
- I’m 19 (20 in March)
- I live in Poplarville, MS.
- I started photography in November of 2019.
- I barrel race with my horse Spanky.
- I’ve been apart of rodeo my entire life.
- I’m a college student majoring in Finance.
- I love all things western fashion.
- I didn’t really like rodeo pictures at first. (obviously that changed though)
Despite what that last bullet says, rodeo photography is now my passion. I love the variety of events and the ability to make no two images look the exact same. I hate cookie cutter photos that pretty much make an entire event look the same.
During the week when I’m not playing in the dirt, I can normally be found glued to my laptop doing online classes at the University of Southern Mississippi (#SMTTT!!). I’m a full time student and a part time photographer, so to say.
I love getting to talk and get to know new people, so feel free to reach out to me anytime!! I have a contact form on this site, but I also check my Facebook and Instagram messages often. Looking forward to hearing from you!!